- This event has passed.
Creating and scything the Marsh Meadow
31 July @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm BST
Call for Volunteers to help out with the Marsh Meadow!
- 10am to 3pm – come for as much or as little time as you can manage at the Marsh off Exeter Road
- Scything, and removing herbage to help create a wildflower meadow- and perhaps learn a new skill!
- And/or help us add to finishing the new woodstore – guidance given, low-risk work
- Bring snacks and drinks, work-gloves, if you have them, and cheeriness.
- If you intend to scythe or work on the meadow, it’s advisable to have legs covered – there are some nettles and
- If it’s raining, on the day, or the grass is really wet, we would be likely to postpone.
- Further details available from firstname.lastname@example.org / 07749 389900
If you can’t make this date, there will be further opportunities to sharpen your scything skills in August as part of the 4Bs management of wildflower areas on Exeter Road and the ‘Apple a Day’ orchard behind the Health Centre. Email Jeremy on email@example.com
to be added to the mailing list for our project days.