- This event has passed.
Local and Sustainable Food at the EcoPubHub
2 September @ 8:00 am - 9:30 pm BST
Thursday 2 September 2021: ‘Local and Sustainable Food at the EcoPubHub’ from 8-9.30pm. The latest free ‘EcoPubHub’ discussion session organised by SSB. With food miles, pesticides, welfare standards and food poverty all increasingly in the news, what can we do to support a more sustainable food economy in our area? We have a great line up of contributors who will talk for 5-10 mins each, with time at the end for questions and discussion.
- Oliver Lee of ‘How Now Dairy’ is a local, organic dairy farmer, producing and delivering milk products to our community. He has a strong commitment to sustainable and regenerative farming.
- Clare Hargreaves, is a journalist and photographer, specialising in food who is 8 months into her challenge of eating just British food for a year.
- Melissa Harvey is from School Farm (Community Supported Agriculture), Dartington. School Farm aims to grow high-quality organic vegetables which are shared between their members each week. They also run horticultural courses.
- Inge Page, Ashburton Community Fridge. Inge will share how the recently established community fridge scheme in Ashburton was set up with the aim of increasing awareness of food sustainability and inspiring local resilience.
- Kate from Hylsten Sourdough Bakery and School, Buckfastleigh, which uses organic, stoneground flour to bake good bread with as little waste from field to loaf as possible
- Dartmoor Farmers Association is a group of nearly 100 farmers raising native breeds of livestock using traditional farming methods on sustainable farms. They have formed a co-operative to market their meat.
Join us for a free evening of discussion – pre-register for the Zoom link via www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/local-and-sustainable-food-ecopubhub-tickets-166562008451
or scan the QR code