The Marsh: SSB’s composting site: Having been closed during the National Lockdown, the Marsh will reopen on Sunday 7 March on Sunday mornings from 10am-1pm. Initially, on 7 March, this…
THE MARSH COMMUNITY COMPOSTING SITE WILL REOPEN ON SUNDAY 7 MARCH 2021.
Initially, on 7 March, this will be only for leaving garden waste. From 14 March, the Marsh will be open both to leave garden waste, and to buy compost. No physical help can be offered to visitors and social distancing of 2 metres must be maintained – sanitising materials will be provided. Only two vehicles will be allowed on site at one time plus maximum of two allowed to stack in the entrance layby. When you collect compost, please place donations in a box – no change can be offered.
The Marsh is open on Sundays from 10am-1pm:
- The Marsh is open for garden waste deliveries as long as sufficient volunteers are available
- The number of vehicles on site will be controlled by the volunteers.
- No parking on the main road will be permitted while waiting for entry into the site
- A volunteer will be stationed at the entrance in order to control entry on to the site.
- Social distancing must be observed on the site therefore minimal help can be offered for unloading garden waste or loading compost.
- Compost may be purchased if it is available. Please continue to have the correct money ready (£1 per bag) to put into a cash box as volunteers will not handle any cash or give change. We will ask you for your name and post code as usual
The site, at the old Highways depot on Exeter Road (otherwise known as the Marsh), will accept bulky garden waste and produce compost for local collection and use.
- Soft Green waste material you can cut with mower or clippers
- Twiggy brushwood material that can be cut with loppers, saw or power tools
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Stumps, vines, bamboo, Japanese knotweed, Himalayan balsam
- Other organic matter such as food waste, e.g. unwanted fruit and vegetables
Sunday mornings from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.