Thought you would! Over the last 8 years the marvellous Martin Duckworth has co-ordinated the fantastic work at the Marsh. However he is now hanging up (and passing on) his compost thermometer.
When we sat down with Martin to look at his role we saw how it had grown over the years and is now too big for one person to take on. To address this we have reviewed and simplified the role of the Compost Project Coordinator, and are now looking for a new coordinator to oversee compost production at the Marsh. You’ll be working alongside Rowan Wylie and Joddy Chapman who have kindly stepped up to assist with the day-to-day running of this most successful of SSB projects.
The good news is that it could be you taking over! We expect strong competition so get in early.
The overall purpose of the Compost Project Co-ordinator is managing the production and distribution of compost produced at the Marsh. This includes:
- Overview of the production of the compost
- Overview of the sieving and bagging of the compost
- Liaison with SSB Trustees and taking part in Marsh Management Group meetings
- Liaison with South Hams District Council to arrange shredding of the garden material and turning of the compost
- Coordinating social and celebration events
- Supporting demonstration visits for interested groups
- Dealing with ad hoc matters in conjunction with others on the Marsh Management Committee
The role will include having oversight of
- volunteer management and rota creation (administrated by Rowan Wylie)
- compost record collection and donations including SHDC recycling credits (administrated by Joddy Chapman)
The role will be supported by
- The Marsh Management Group (that will oversee the management of the site itself)
- The Trustees
Equipment and training will be provided.
If you are interested (particularly if you already volunteer) then please do get in touch for a chat and further details.
We look forward to hearing from you!